Greetings
Select messages from # through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

The Pond -> INTRODUCE YOUR SELF

#1: No icon Greetings Author: GlasgowLawnLocation: Newark, Delaware PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14 am
    —
Greetings friends,

My name is Randy and I own Glasgow Lawn Care.  Last year I drove my truck & trailer down this long, over grown, bumpy, dirt road for the first time.  I was not sure I was going to make it, but it was too late to BACK out now.

When I got to the end of the road I met the property owner & her father to find out what their needs would be.  It seems someone had been calling Code Enforcement about the grass needing mowed.  I thought they were kidding me, I was in the middle of 45 acres of woods and no one had lived here since the mid 80's when the dam broke up stream at Becks pond.

No one should ever be down this road, but there were signs of trespassers, trash & vandalism everywhere. We were hired to mow once a month (which it did not need).  Ever time down the road was something new.  Sometimes we need a chain saw to get to the end of the road.

By December business being slow, my crew & I had some time to invest.  We worked every day for 2 weeks trimming trees along the road, blowing leaves away from the house & back into the woods.  We boarded up the cabin & house to keep out the trespassers.  We opened the basement & pumped out the standing water & re-secured the basement.  We even painted out the graffiti.

December 13, 2012 We were proud of our hard work & took pictures from all around the pond of this property & house.
December 14, 2012 someone tore off the steel basement door to the house & set fire to it & left a hangman's noose
December 15, 2012 when I showed up at the property the house was gone & a Fire Marshal was standing there.

It seems someone really does not want us cleaning up this property.  The fire truck could not get down the road because someone narrowed the road to 8 foot using boulders.  The fire burned for 3 days.

pictures & time line can be seen on my site at http://stewartlane.glasgowlawncare.com/

I have fallen in love with this special property.  Today we still clean & maintain the property, but we take it more personal.  I try to make it here at least once a day, sometimes twice.  Every day it is something new (trespassers, trash & theft).  I realize this is too big for me alone, so I have ask a few friends to help and use the property as it was theirs.   This website will help us stay in touch with each other.

#2: No icon Re: Greetings Author: GlasgowLawnLocation: Newark, Delaware PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:52 am
    —
I plan to rebuild this house before it is too late !
December 14 2016 will mark the 4th year since the house was burned downed
& the arsonist left me & my crew a hangman's noose !

... I think we have 6 years left before it is too late !

The plan is to offer 100 memberships to this beautiful property ...
... by sharing I hope to once & for all get rid of the destructive trespassers

When we get close to our goal of 100 members ...
... Start to rebuild the foundation to the house &
later rebuild the house & property !

This was the day before the fire & we went around the pond taking these photos
after we pumped out the flooded basement
boarded up & painted out the graffiti ...
... This was one solid house

& the next day ...
December 14 2012

PLEASE HELP ME RE-BUILD HER !

... visit our GoFundMe page
https://www.gofundme.com/help-me-rebuild-a-friends-house

The Pond -> INTRODUCE YOUR SELF

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1